|NC College Media Association Conference||Return to listing|
College media staffs and advisers across North Carolina are invited to participate in our annual conference aimed at encouraging and improving college media operations on public and private university and college campuses. We look forward to sharing results of the statewide contests with you during the annual conference luncheon.
N.C. A&T State University will host the 2019 one-day conference in Greensboro on Saturday, Feb. 23. For more information on the association or to register by mail/email, go to
Everyone must preregister by Feb. 15. The registration fee is $30 per person, and that fee covers lunch. (No cancelations will be accepted after Feb. 15, but you may substitute attendees.)
• Keynote address on connecting media and community.
• Opening panel on the black narrative.
• Break-out sessions on storytelling, grant writing, photography, best practices for literary magazines, media law, best practices for yearbooks, advising student media and more.
• Onsite critiques. Bring a copy of your publication or have your url ready for an onsite flash critique. (To register for this free service, contact Ellen Meder, editorial adviser at NC State University, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line, "NCCMA Critiques - [Your School Name].")
• Break-out sessions throughout the day. Attend sessions of interest to those on yearbook, newspaper and literary magazine staffs. Adviser roundtable is also scheduled.
• Résumé/portfolio critique session.
• What judges saw. Join contest judges for a session on general impressions from the statewide contest. Contest entries will also be on display.
• Contest results. Best of Show and individual awards will be announced during the luncheon.
Travel Assistance Program
NCCMA offers a travel assistance program for students and advisers attending the conference in Greensboro. If your campus is more than 150 miles away from Greensboro and at least six of you plan to attend, you are eligible to apply. The NCCMA Travel Assistance Program is intended to assist staffs facing funding challenges. NCCMA will waive the $30 registration fee for five attendees. To apply for this $150 travel assistance grant, send a note explaining your funding challenge to Monica Hill at email@example.com. A committee of advisers will then determine funding. Deadline is Feb. 1; applicants will be notified Feb. 5.
Apply for $250 Student Media Stipend
Conference attendees are eligible to propose a student media project of any kind and compete for a $250 student stipend from NCCMA. Project proposals must be for work to be published in or shared through a student media outlet. Applications are to be submitted at the conference registration desk on Feb. 23. Entries will be judged during the closing session of the conference. To apply, go here: https://nccma.unc.edu/files/2018/11/StipendForm2019_INTERACTIVE.pdf
Conference Registration Confirmation
Submit your and your students' registration by Feb. 15. You will then receive an email confirmation with driving directions, campus maps and parking instructions.
If you have any questions regarding the event, contact Monica Hill, at (919) 962-4639 or 1-888-562-6276 or firstname.lastname@example.org. And please follow us on Twitter: @NCCollegeMedia
|Location:||N.C. A&T State University|
|Date:||Saturday, February 23, 2019|
|Sponsor:||UNC School of Media and Journalism|
|Pay Methods:||Check Credit Card UNC Account|
|Payment Notes:||You must preregister by Feb. 15. Make checks payable to UNC-Chapel Hill.|
|For more information, contact the event administrator: Monica Hill email@example.com|
THIS EVENT IS NOT ACCEPTING REGISTRATIONS
Cut off date for registration was 02/16/2019